Finding the wedding dress of your dreams doesn’t have to be stressful. While choosing the ideal dress is not an exact science, industry experts and former brides all agree on a few very specific points. There are some ways to make wedding dress shopping stress-less. Make a confident decision with these top five secrets:
1. First things first…have a FIRM price in mind!
The last thing you want to do is try on dresses that are out of your price range. It is important to remember that you will need to factor in the cost of alterations and accessories.
2. Um…I’ve been hypothetically shopping for wedding gowns since I was 12? When can I actually start once the ring is on my finger??
The best time to start shopping is one year to nine months in advance. Custom gowns generally take six to eight months to tailor and heavily-embellished ones can take even longer.
3. How many dresses do I try on?
This is where it gets a bit tricky. It is best to try on at least 8 but no more than 10. Any dress can look awesome on a hanger, but that doesn’t mean it will look good on your particular body type. The most important thing is to go with your gut!
4. How many people should I bring with me? Everyone? Just my Mom?
You are going to want to choose those people who are both supportive and honest. Dress shopping can be painful with too many differing opinions. A group of 2 to 5 is ideal and definitely less overwhelming.
5. What should be the determining factors?
These are the questions you need to ask yourself.
1. Can I afford it?
2. Do I feel confident and beautiful?
3. Can I walk, sit down and dance in this dress?
4. Do I feel self-conscious about any body part?
5. Will my fiancé love it as much as me?
Be patient, stay in a positive frame of mind and always trust your first instinct. Nine times out of ten, brides-to-be will choose the second or third wedding dress that they try on. This is your day to shine!
Contact Schupepe today for your on-site visit before all of our wedding marquees are booked out for the summer!